Thanks to all of you who have registered for the ACHA 2018 Annual Meeting! We’d like to share some information with you that may be helpful during your time in Washington.
What to expect when you arrive at the registration area:
Upon arrival, pick up your registration materials at the “Badge Pick-Up Booth,” located in the Meeting Registration Area on the Lobby Level of the Washington Marriott Wardman Park. You’ll need your badge to attend sessions and other events at the meeting. Your materials will include:
- Name badge and lanyard
- ACHA Notepad
- ACHA raffle ticket (there will be tumbler in the Exhibit Hall for these)
- Instructions for the Online CE and Session Evaluation process
On-Site Registration Hours:
- Tuesday, May 29 and Wednesday, May 30: 7:00 am–6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 31: 7:00 am–4:00 pm
- Friday, June 1: 7:00 am–5:00 pm
- Saturday, June 2: 7:00 am–10:00 am
Back again this year!
Go to the “Bling Your Badge” station to pick up ribbons, stickers, and lapel pins!
Note: we are NOT including the printed program in the registration packets (although we will have plenty of printed copies available if that’s your preference).
Get Involved at ACHA 2018:
If you are interested in looking for ways to get involved in ACHA or find ways to collaborate with others in college health, consider attending these meetings:
- Section Meetings (12:00 pm–1:15 pm, Wednesday, May 30) Connect with colleagues within your area of expertise. There are nine different sections, categorized by discipline. Learn about current section projects and plans for the future. Note: the Students/Consumers Section Orientation is Wednesday at noon, and the section meeting/election takes place Friday, June 1 at 12:00 pm–1:15 pm)
- Affiliate Meetings (12:00 pm–1:15 pm, Thursday, May 31) Meet with other attendees from your region! ACHA regional affiliates help members forge strong partnerships with colleagues on the state or regional level.
- Committee/Coalition/Task Force Meetings (see the app or Final Program for dates and times) ACHA’s committees, task forces, and coalitions address a diverse range of exciting issues pertinent both to ACHA and to the health of college students. Your thoughts on pressing college health issues are always welcome, so come and share them with us!
A few other things to know before you arrive:
- Check out abstracts of the sessions and posters.
- Last chance to sign up for Stop The Bleed Tourniquet Training! Tuesday, May 28, 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm. Join thousands of other medical professionals and everyday Americans in an effort to save lives by raising awareness of basic actions to stop life threatening bleeding following everyday emergencies and man-made and natural disasters. Sign up here.
- We are hosting several free wellness activities like Pilates, Yoga, and Zumba to keep our attendees feeling their best! Wellness events are listed in the app and Final Program.
- Convention hotels tend to be on the chilly side, so please pack a sweater or jacket.
- Be sure to bring plenty of business cards for networking.
- Cash concessions will be available Wednesday–Friday from 11:30 am–1:30 pm. Plenty of other dining options are located in and around the hotel.
- If you are attending your section meeting on Wednesday, your affiliate meeting on Thursday, or the Dorosin Memorial Lecture on Friday, please feel free to bring your lunch with you!
- Friday is School Spirit Day, so please wear something with your institution’s name, colors, or logo!
- Visit the coalition, committee, section, affiliate, and resource tables located in the ACHA Registration Area for literature, posters, or extra speaker handouts. Items on the table are free for the taking.
- Visit the message boards in the Meeting Registration Area for employment opportunities, messages left by/for other attendees, and information on section socials.
- Help us continue the tradition of giving back to the communities that host our annual meetings! We are collecting donations for the Covenant House Washington at the Community Service Booth in the Meeting Registration area.
- Questions about anything? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in Washington!