Thanks to all of you who have registered for the ACHA 2019 Annual Meeting! We’d like to share some information with you that may be helpful during your time in Denver.
What to expect when you arrive at the registration area:
New this year, Express Badge Pick-Up! Upon arrival, pick up your registration materials at the “Express Badge Pick-Up,” stations located in the ACHA Registration Area on the Concourse Level of the Plaza Building (one level below main lobby) at the Sheraton Downtown Denver. You can print your badge from the kiosks one of three ways: scanning the barcode on the registration email you received, entering your first initial and last name, or entering your meeting ID number. Staff will be on hand to assist if needed. You’ll need your badge to attend sessions and other events at the meeting. Your registration materials will also include:
- ACHA raffle ticket (there will be tumbler in the Exhibit Hall for these)
- Instructions for the Online CE and Session Evaluation process
On-Site Registration Hours:
- Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29: 7:00 am–6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 30: 7:00 am–4:00 pm
- Friday, May 31: 7:00 am–5:00 pm
- Saturday, June 1: 7:00 am–10:00 am
Back again this year! Go to the “Bling Your Badge” station to pick up ribbons, stickers, and lapel pins!
Get Involved at ACHA 2019:
If you are interested in looking for ways to get involved in ACHA or find ways to collaborate with others in college health, consider attending these meetings:
- Section Meetings (12:00 pm–1:15 pm, Wednesday, May 29) Connect with colleagues within your area of expertise. There are nine different sections, categorized by discipline. Learn about current section projects and plans for the future. Note: the Students/Consumers Section Orientation is Wednesday at noon, and the section meeting/election takes place Friday, May 31 at 12:00 pm–1:15 pm)
- Affiliate Meetings (12:00 pm–1:15 pm, Thursday, May 30) Meet with other attendees from your region! ACHA regional affiliates help members forge strong partnerships with colleagues on the state or regional level.
- Committee/Coalition/Task Force Meetings (see the app or Final Program for dates and times) ACHA’s committees, task forces, and coalitions address a diverse range of exciting issues pertinent both to ACHA and to the health of college students. Your thoughts on pressing college health issues are always welcome, so come and share them with us!
A few other things to know before you arrive:
- Check out abstracts of the sessions and posters.
- Look for the bulletin board in the registration area from the ACHA Education Planning Committee. Each day, Wednesday through Friday, the committee will post new topic areas for future educational offerings and ask for your input on what you’d most like to learn.
- We are hosting several free wellness activities like Mindful Meditation, Yoga, and HIIT to keep our attendees feeling their best! Wellness events are listed in the app and Final Program.
- Convention hotels tend to be on the chilly side, so please pack a sweater or jacket. (Or perhaps snow pants since it’s currently SNOWING in Denver.)
- Be sure to bring plenty of business cards for networking.
- If you are attending your section meeting on Wednesday, your affiliate meeting on Thursday, or the Dorosin Memorial Lecture on Friday, please feel free to bring your lunch with you!
- Friday is School Spirit Day, so please wear something with your institution’s name, colors, or logo!
- Visit the coalition, committee, section, affiliate, and resource tables located in the ACHA Registration Area for literature, posters, or extra speaker handouts. Items on the table are free for the taking.
- Visit the message boards in the Meeting Registration Area for employment opportunities, messages left by/for other attendees, and information on section socials.
- Community Service Project: This year we are teaming up with Active Minds, the nation’s premier nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for students.
For a donation of $5 or more (credit card only), you will receive a #NeedYouHere bracelet. All proceeds will go towards furthering Active Minds’ mission to help young people in crisis and open up the conversation about mental health. Look for the Community Service table in the registration area at ACHA 2019.
Questions about anything? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in Denver!